Before we made the pudding we watched a few videos about astronauts eating in space. Lilly thought they were pretty awesome. We watched an astronaut make a space burrito and eating on the space station. We talked about why eating things is hard and discussed the idea of gravity. Then we made the pudding!
- powdered milk
- instant pudding mix (we used banana cream)
- ziplock bag
1. Put 1tbsp. and 2 tsp. of instant pudding mix and powdered milk into a ziplock bag.
2. Add 1/2 cup of water to the bag.
3. Seal the bag and mix. (Ours was looking a bit watery so I added a little more pudding mix until the consistency seemed right.)
4. Cut a corner off of the bag and eat!
DIY Space Helmet
- paper bag
- aluminum foil
- round plate
1. Cut off the handles on the bag.
2. Lay a small sized plate on top of the bag and trace around its edge.
3. Cut out the circle.
4. You can decorate the helmet however you like. Lilly wanted it to be shiny and metallic so I grabbed some aluminum foil and glued it onto the front of hers.