Healthy Teeth Experiment
- three eggs (we only had brown ones but white would have been better)
- one cup filled with milk
- one cup filled with water
- one cup filled with a dark soda
- free experiment printable
1. Place one egg in each of the cups and let sit for a bit. (I think ours sat about 20 minutes.)
2. Hypothesize as to what will happen to each egg.
3. Remove the eggs and analyze the results. See if they match your hypothesis.
4. Clean the eggs using a toothbrush and toothpaste.
The cup in the milk had a milky appearance because it was a brown egg. The egg in the soda was stained and brushing did not remove all of the stain. The egg in water was unchanged.
Here are a few things I asked her to do:
- balance on one foot
- balance on one foot and one hand
- balance on only your bootie with your hands and feet in the air
- balance on both feet and hands with your bootie in the air
You could also have them act/walk like different animals. I had planned to make an obstacle course using streamers and tape in our hallway but it just didn't happen. We did manage to read another mini-reader together about our body so that was good.